Thursday, October 2, 2008

Episode Five

Ragu


This episode easily is my favorite dish in the whole world! Ragu! Ever since I first tried while living in Italy I have loved it more and more every time I have made it. What makes this sauce so amazing to me is it can be done ten thousand different ways. I do not think I have made this sauce the same way one time in the many times that I have made it. It is a bit time consuming, but don't worry spend a saturday making it with the wife, or your kids, or your fiends, or who ever. Have fun with this dish and be creative, and your patience will be well rewarded. 

Ingredients:

2 sweet onions
3 celery stocks
3 large carrots sticks
1 lb ground beef
1 lb bacon
1 lb ground lamb
6 ounce can organic tomato paste
2-3 cups wine, white or red
1 cup cream
Salt/ Pepper

No comments: